Julian Healthcare is officially open to serve patients, and it’s been wonderful getting to know those of you who’ve stopped by our downtown Hagerstown office. As we strive to provide a personalized functional medicine experience, you may be asking, “what can I expect when I visit a Functional Medicine Practitioner?” Here are some answers:
- You will feel welcomed. It’s my goal to provide you with a setting where you feel comfortable and at home.
- Functional medicine is the art and science of looking at an individual as a whole and identifying root causes of dysfunction and symptoms. Biochemical processes, genetics, environment, mental and spiritual components are taken into consideration in a systems-oriented approach. To accomplish this, I will be obtaining a detailed history from you. I consider myself an investigator looking for answers to restore or maintain your health.
- Next, I will perform a physical exam appropriate to your situation. Then, together with you, decide if any testing could help identify your problem(s). At subsequent visits we will develop a treatment plan based upon your health goals. These will be based on your unique needs and will include, but not be limited to, coaching on living a healthy lifestyle.
- Natural remedies are preferred. Supplements and essential oils offer untapped resources for health that often go unnoticed in traditional medicine. With minimal side effects, the natural medicine approach has a lasting impact on overall health.
- Sometimes prescriptions are necessary. While we begin with a natural approach, sometimes prescriptions are necessary. As a certified nurse practitioner, I can write prescriptions for the medications patients may need to achieve wellness.
- There are no contracts with insurance carriers. In our office, you have full control over your health. This means your investment in your health is due at the time of service, and you can work with your insurance company for re-imbursement. Some insurance companies may not provide re-imbursement.
- Expect to see improvement in your overall health. Instead of reacting to illness by spending time and money on medical visits and medication, you will spend your resources maintaining your good health. Countless patients have life-changing stories to share about the impact of functional medicine. It’s our goal to create more of these stories for this community. Call today for an appointment so you can get started back on the path to wholeness. I look forward to helping you.
For more information about Julian Healthcare, visit us at 61 N. Main Street in Hagerstown, or follow us on Facebook. Our phone number is (765) 530-8008. Clinic hours are Monday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday mornings are available for sick visits only.